Massachusetts Air National Guard's 104th Fighter Wing Awards Ceremony and New leadership Change of Commands
Release Number: 011616
Published August 24, 2016
Release No. 16-16
Senior Master Sgt. Julie Avey, Public Affairs Specialist
Lt. Col. Brenda Hendricksen, Public Affairs Officer
413-568-9151 ext. 698-1299 or ext. 698-1800
Cell: (619) 665-4252
August 11, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Massachusetts Air National Guard's 104th Fighter Wing
Awards Ceremony and New leadership Change of Commands
(8/11/2016 - Barnes Air National Guard Base, Westfield, Mass.) - The 104th Fighter Wing will present four major awards and perform a significant number of Change of Commands during a ceremony, Saturday, August 13, at 1 p.m.
Media are invited to attend this event and must register with the 104th Fighter Wing Public Affairs office by calling before 10:00 a.m., Saturday, August 13, 2016. All media will arrive at Barnes Air National Guard Base no later than 12:30 a.m.
Below are the various awards and command changes.
104th Fighter Wing Awards
- The Legion of Merit presented to Col. Edward J. Gunning Jr. - Allowed for the successful stand up of the Northeast aerospace alert mission.
- Accepting 2015 Continental United States North American Aerospace Defense Command Region/ 1st Air Force Air Control Alert Unit of the Year - Chief Master Sgt. Robert Roy, ACA Superintendent. The Wing was selected as the best Air Control Alert unit throughout the Air Force.
- The 2015 Air Forces North Air Control Alert Maintainer of the Year presented to Staff Sgt. Trevor Tompkins, Northampton native. - Tompkins was selected as the best maintainer of all Air Force ACA units.
- The Massachusetts Air National Guard Non-Commissioned officer of 2016 presented to Staff Sgt. Coakley. - Deployed to Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Freedom Sentinel.
104th Fighter Wing Assumption and Change of Commands
- Brig. Gen. Sean Collins will relinquish command of the 104th Medical Group to Lt. Col. Gary Archambault.
- Lt. Col. David Halasikun will relinquish command of the 131st Fighter Squadron to Lt. Col. Jeffrey Beckel.
- Lt. Col. Jared Conaboy will assume command of Operations Support Flight
- Lt. Col. Steven Reynolds will relinquish command of the Security Forces to Maj. Vincent Heitman
- Maj. Dean Lambert will assume command of Force Support Squadron
- Lt. Col. Michael Dibrindisi will relinquish command of the maintenance squadron to Maj. Keith Tatlock and accept Command of the Aircraft Maintenance Squadron from Lt. Col. Pete Carr.
-- 30 -
Read more on the 104th Fighter Wing here:
Air Force Officials Announce Barnes Air National Guard Base as a candidate base for the F-35A
ANG Verifies Strengths at Frisian Flag 2016, Operation Atlantic Resolve
104th Fighter Wing Maintainer of the Year Protects U.S. Air Space in Northeast
104th Fighter Wing Named Air Control Alert Unit of the Year
Native Western Massachusetts Guardsman Nurse to Serve Assistant Secretary of Defense, Health Affairs