|BRIGADIER GENERAL ROBERT T. BROOKS JR.|
Brigadier General Robert T. Brooks Jr. is the Assistant Adjutant General for Air, Massachusetts Air National Guard, Joint Force Headquarters, Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. He is the principal advisor to The Adjutant General, Air Component Commander, and Land Component Commander in the administration, coordination, planning, development, and execution of all Air National Guard and National Guard Joint Staff programs. He insures the preparation of the 8200 soldiers and airmen of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for contingency operations in both federal and state emergencies. He assists the Adjutant General in overseeing the Commonwealth's Joint Homeland Defense Program, to include rapid reaction forces, contingency emergency response forces, counter drug operations, civil support teams, expeditionary medical teams, and explosives ordnance disposal.
General Brooks received his commission in 1987 as a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program. He has served in a variety of flying and staff assignments, and commanded at the flight, squadron, group, and wing level. He has also served as Deputy Commander at the Joint Task Force level for Domestic Operations and is Dual Status Commander qualified from United States Northern Command. General Brooks served as the Chairman of the Air Dominance Weapons System Council and as the Chair of the Air Directors Field Advisory Council; providing insight to the Director of the Air National Guard on relevant issues in regards to the various weapon systems being employed across the 89 Air National Guard Wings.
He is a U.S. Air Force Weapons School graduate and a command pilot with over 3500 flying hours in the F-15C. He has 508 combat hours in support of operations Desert Storm, Southern Watch, and in 2012 served in support of operation Enduring Freedom as part of the International Security Assistance Force in Qatar and Afghanistan. Prior to his current assignment, General Brooks was the Commander, 104th Fighter Wing, Massachusetts Air National Guard.
1987 University of Southern Mississippi, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Hattiesburg, Miss.
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1995 United States Air Force Fighter Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. November 1987 - November 1988, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. March 1989 - July 1989, Student, F-15 replacement training, 555th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Arizona
3. August 1989 - October 1993, Electronic Combat Pilot, Multi-Stage Improvement Program Officer, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, Instructor Pilot, 58th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. October 1993 - June 1994, Chief of Plans, 1st Fighter Squadron, Academic Instructor, 325th Operations Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. July 1995 - December 1995, Student, U.S. Air Force Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. January 1996 - December 1997, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, Flight Commander, 27th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
7. January 1998 - November 2001, Instructor Pilot, Chief of Scheduling, Assistant Operations Officer, Operations Officer, F-15 Division, United States Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. December 2001 - April 2003, Chief of Advanced Programs, 159th Operations Group, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, La.
9. May 2003 - October 2004 - Director of Operations, 122nd Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, La.
10. November 2004 - January 2007, Commander, 122nd Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, La.
11. January 2007 - July 2008, Commander, 159th Operations Group, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force Pelican, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, La.
12. April 2012 - August 2012, Chief of Staff - International Security Assistance Force Detachment, Air Force Central Command Combined Air and Space Operations Center, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar/Kabul, Afghanistan
13. August 2008 - January 2013, Commander, 104th Fighter Wing, Barnes Air National Base, Mass.
14. January 2013 - present, Assistant Adjutant General for Air, Massachusetts Air National Guard, Joint Force Headquarters, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,700
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-15 A/B/C/D
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with Valor Device and two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and one silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze oak lead clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Service Short Tour
Air Force Overseas Service Long Tour
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service Award with one silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M Device and bronze hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Chairman Air Directorate Field Advisory Council
Vice Chairman Air Directorate Field Advisory Council
Board of Directors Westfield Chamber of Commerce
Chairman Air Dominance Weapon System Council
National Guard Association of Massachusetts
Vice Chairman Louisiana National Guard Association
National Guard Association of the United States
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 9, 1987
First Lieutenant Aug. 12, 1989
Captain Aug. 12, 1991
Major Aug. 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel May 20, 2003
Colonel Oct. 1, 2007
Brigadier General Jan. 25, 2013
(current as of February 2015)